You must be a current resident of either the incorporated or unincorporated areas of Norwich Township, or have a member of your immediate family interred at Wesley Chapel Cemetery, to be eligible to purchase grave lots/niches. For the purpose of these eligibility requirements, members of your immediate family include your spouse, children, parents, siblings, current in-laws (limited to father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and grandparents-in-law), and any current step-children, step-parents, or step-grandparents. Proof of residency is required.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Norwich Township Board of Trustees reserves the right to grant exceptions to these eligibility requirements. In determining whether to exercise this right, the Board shall consider the following factors:
- (1) whether the perspective purchaser is a former resident of the Township;
- (2) whether the perspective purchaser is a current or former owner of a business located within the Township;
- (3) the duration of the perspective purchaser's residency or business ownership;
- (4) the amount of time, if any, that the perspective purchaser has been absent from the Township; and
- (5) any extraordinary ties that the perspective purchaser might have to the Township.
Any and all transfers of grave lots/niches must conform to the above eligibility requirements and be approved and recorded in the Wesley Chapel Cemetery Sexton office.
Limitation on the Number of Grave Lots/Niches Purchases
The sale of grave lots/niches in Wesley Chapel Cemetery is limited to ten (10) lots/niches.. Purchases of more than ten (10) lots/niches may be considered under exceptional circusmtances, but must be approved by the Norwich Township Board of Trustees, pursuant to Sections 517.06 and 517.07 of the Ohio Revised Code.
Wesley Chapel Cemetery Brochure