Rules and Regulations
The purchase of grave lots in Wesley Chapel Cemetery entitles you to burial rights and landscaping under the following rules and regulations. All Checks made payable to Norwich Township:
1. Live flowers may be planted but only within 12 inches from the front and side of the grave stone. NO THORNY FLOWERS WILL BE PERMITTED. Lot owners are responsible for upkeep of all plantings. If left unattended, they will be removed.
2. Potted plants, baskets, wreaths and artificial flowers are permitted on graves ONLY on Easter, Memorial Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. These items are to remain no longer than five days.
3. Inverted vases are permitted for fresh cut flowers. Each grave lot may only have two vases.
4. Winter wreaths and baskets may be placed on graves anytime after November 15 and will be removed March 15.
5. Decorative rocks or wood chips are NOT permitted on any grave lots. These items pose a hazard to employees and visitors. Lot owners will be responsible for the cost of cleanup, as well as being held liable for any injuries.
6. No items or decorations are allowed on the columbarium. Any such item placed may be removed at the discretion of the Township without notice.
7. All columbarium cover engraving will be done by a Township approved contractor using a specific font and size to maintain a consistent appearance. You may include one personalized image not to exceed 2 3/8" x 3 1/8".
8. No more than two basic non-ornate urns from cremation may be placed in a single columbarium niche, due to the size of each niche.
9. No more than two burials in a single grave lot.
10. No pet cremations.
11. Pets are NOT permitted in Wesley Chapel Cemetery.
12. Grave lots or columbarium niches cannot be placed on hold.
13. Eligibility Exceptions: Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Norwich Township Board of Trustees reserves the right to grant exceptions to these eligibility requirements. In determining whether to exercise this right, the Board shall consider the following factors:
- whether the prospective purchaser is a former resident of the Township;
- whether the prospective purchaser is a current or former owner of a business located within the Township;
- the duration of the prospective purchaser’s residency or business ownership;
- the amount of time, if any, that the prospective purchaser has been absent from the Township; and
- any extraordinary ties that the prospective purchaser might have to the Township.
Any and all transfers of grave lots/niches must conform to the above eligibility requirements and be approved and recorded in the Wesley Chapel Cemetery Sexton office.
Wesley Chapel Cemetery Brochure